DEADLINE: 28th February 2022
Applications are invited from African nationals for scholarships in the fields of Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials and Metallurgical Engineering and Biomaterials/Biomedical Engineering. In this ELbM scholarships call, a total of 17 scholarships comprising of 9 Masters (3 credit seeking and 6 degree seeking), 4 PhDs (2 credit seeking and 2 degree seeking) and 4 Staff scholarships are available. ELbM scholarships are jointly administered by four (4) African partner institutions, where selected students and staff will be able to engage in postgraduate studies, research, teaching or training.
The ELbM scholarship includes a one round trip-air ticket and visa costs, participation costs such as tuition fees, registration and service fees, Insurance (Health, accident, travel), settling-in allowance, monthly subsistence allowance and a contribution towards the research costs associated with student mobility of 10 months or longer.
ELbM CONSORTIUM PARTNERS
- Botswana International University of Science and Technology, Botswana -(BIUST – Coordinating Partner)
- Stellenbosch University (SU), South Africa
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources, (FUPRE) Nigeria
- Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture, (JKUAT) Kenya
- Council for Scientific & Industrial Research/Laser-based Manufacturing Research Group, (CSIR/LEM), South Africa. – Associate Partner
- African Laser Centre (ALC), South Africa. – Associate Partner
- Universita di Bologna, (UNIBO) Italy – Technical Partner
- Previous and current recipients of Intra ACP or Intra Africa Scholarships are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- The ELbM consortium is committed to offering 50% of its scholarship to women and disadvantaged or marginalized groups.
- Prospective applicants should contact ELbM coordinators at partner institutions to discuss their proposal and application documents.
- It is no longer a requirement for applicants to obtain admission to partner institutions prior to submitting their scholarship application. The consortium will facilitate the admission of successful applicants after the award of the scholarship.
- Two (2) Full PhD degree seeking scholarships are tenable only at JKUAT (Kenya) and FUPRE (Nigeria)
- Masters degree seeking should not apply to SU in this call.
For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org